Careers at DEI
Join Our Team
From world first solutions to high volume consumer products used by millions of people every day, you’ll thrive on the variety and challenges at DEI.
We work in small, multidisciplinary teams using the latest tools. You will be close to the client, from the kick-off meeting to product launch.
Position: Embedded Design Engineer (Re: DEI325)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Develop firmware for embedded systems (Embedded Linux, RTOS, infinite loop design), from specification through to integration and acceptance. You will work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop products and systems for a wide range of industries. Based in our Ottawa office, some travel may be required.
- Develop firmware (C/C++) for 32-bit embedded systems.
- Support hardware design and development.
- Participate in system design.
- Preparations of specifications and other design documents.
- Troubleshoot, analyse, and resolve problems.
- Support preparation of proposals and the sales process.
- Work directly with clients.
- 5+ years’ experience of firmware development for microcontrollers using C/C++.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience developing and debugging common low-level interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, etc).
- Familiarity with data communication protocols (TCP/IP, Modbus, CANbus, BACnet, etc).
- Experience with the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification.
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) and Embedded Linux desirable.
- PC application development experience using .NET framework / C# desirable.
- Eligible for Government of Canada security clearance.
- Prepared to travel.
- Positive, open minded, problem solving attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, proactive approach to tasks and time management.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please give the position that you are applying for. Only selected candidates will be contacted. As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in Dunn Engineering.
Send Us Your Resume
DEI provides a creative, dynamic and stimulating work environment and is committed to assisting employees’ professional and personal development.
Due to the dynamic nature of our work, we do not post all open positions and we welcome receiving resumes from Engineers and Technologists interested in a career with DEI. Send employment inquires to
As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in working at DEI.