Careers at DEI
Join Our Team
From world first solutions to high volume consumer products used by millions of people every day, you’ll thrive on the variety and challenges at DEI.
We work in small, multidisciplinary teams using the latest tools. You will be close to the client, from the kick-off meeting to product launch.
Position: Electronic Technologist (Re: DE2205)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Provide hardware design support, firmware development, assembly, and troubleshooting / test of embedded and electromechanical systems.
You will work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop products and systems for a wide range of applications. Based in our Ottawa office, some travel may be required.
- Assist in design / troubleshooting of analog, digital and power circuits.
- Participate in developing firmware for embedded systems.
- Assemble / rework PCBs.
- Assemble and test prototypes.
- Design, assemble and maintain equipment, processes, and systems.
- Participate in the analysis of test results and data.
- Work in a team with close contact to clients.
- Diploma in electronics engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, instrumentation or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent advanced education
- Experience in troubleshooting and testing electronics.
- Experience using electronic test equipment and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of microcontroller firmware development.
- Experience with PCB rework.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout is desirable.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and instrumentation is desirable.
- Knowledge of QA principles and safety practices is desirable.
- Positive, open minded, problem solving attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, proactive approach to tasks and time management.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please give the position that you are applying for. Only selected candidates will be contacted. As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in Dunn Engineering.
Send Us Your Resume
DEI provides a creative, dynamic and stimulating work environment and is committed to assisting employees’ professional and personal development.
Due to the dynamic nature of our work, we do not post all open positions and we welcome receiving resumes from Engineers and Technologists interested in a career with DEI. Send employment inquires to
As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in working at DEI.